POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Watchmen vs The Incredibles Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:23:05 EDT (-0400)
  Watchmen vs The Incredibles (Message 6 to 15 of 125)
<<< Previous 5 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Watchmen vs The Incredibles
Date: 15 May 2009 20:03:09
Message: <4a0e02bd@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> nemesis wrote:
>> I gave wikipedia's own Watchmen entry.  Yeah, not respectable at all.
>>

> I don't see The Incredibles mentioned in the Watchmen article, so that can't
> be a source for "The Incredibles was inspired by Watchmen".

The Watchmen entry contains the plot details (that I don't find anywhere
else but in the comic book itself).  That's all that's needed.  The rest
is up to one's own judgment.

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 15 May 2009 20:08:31
Message: <4a0e03ff@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
>> nemesis wrote:
>>> I gave wikipedia's own Watchmen entry.  Yeah, not respectable at all.
>>>

>> I don't see The Incredibles mentioned in the Watchmen article, so that
>> can't
>> be a source for "The Incredibles was inspired by Watchmen".
>
> The Watchmen entry contains the plot details (that I don't find anywhere
> else but in the comic book itself).  That's all that's needed.  The rest
> is up to one's own judgment.

BTW, this metacircular referential argumentation begs the question:  how
are most works plots inserted into wikipedia?  If they simply say the
reference for the plot is the work itself, then I guess it is ok to see
an overview of Watchmen's plot by linking to the wikipedia entry, since
the entry itself references the work ultimately.

Post a reply to this message