POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The next evolution in P2P Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:25:51 EDT (-0400)
  The next evolution in P2P (Message 101 to 110 of 110)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: The next evolution in P2P
Date: 11 May 2009 11:53:28
Message: <4a0849f8@news.povray.org>
somebody wrote:
>> Something like: If my car gets stolen, I get to take your money  to
>> make up for it.
>
> That's called mandatory auto insurance.

Not for theft. For medical bills others have to pay. Theft falls under
"comprehensive", which isn't mandatory.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 11 May 2009 13:10:40
Message: <4a085c10@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> On 5/10/2009 2:11 AM, scott wrote:
>>> The music industry has succeeded in creating a world where a 7yo girl
>>> downloading one piece of music from the internet is considered a bigger
>>> crime than a company using a piece of utility software illegally to make
>>> money.
>>
>> It's not the music industry's fault that the software industry does not
>> go after illegal software as vigorously. There's nothing stopping
>> Microsoft or similar other software giants trying to take the same route
>> as the music industry. I wonder why they don't?
>
> Haven't you heard of the Business Software Alliance?  Basically the same
> thing for MS software, except they use more heavy handed strategy (ie,
> things like showing up at your business and threatening you if you don't
> let them inspect all your computers to verify you aren't stealing
> software).

Send 'em over to my ex-employer. There is only one legal copy of Windows in
the whole office and that's because it came with the laptop.

Post a reply to this message