POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The next evolution in P2P : Re: The next evolution in P2P Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:14:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The next evolution in P2P
From: Chambers
Date: 11 May 2009 21:52:45
Message: <4a08d66d$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/10/2009 11:23 PM, somebody wrote:
> Some of the businesses may be big (many are not), but they are
> providing livelihood to many individuals, down to the janitor who cleans the
> studios.

The fact that they are providing jobs also is irrelevant.

As a counterexample, look at the tax prep industry in the US.  It is a
huge waste of money; in fact, I think the citizenry should file a class
action lawsuit against the IRS and Congress for being forced to resort
to third party help to prepare their taxes.

If something like paying taxes is required by law, then it should be
made accessible to a reasonable majority of citizens rather than
creating an entire industry based on helping you comply with said law.

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com