POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mission: improbable Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:16:44 EDT (-0400)
  Mission: improbable (Message 88 to 97 of 127)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Fizzle
Date: 28 Apr 2009 16:07:50
Message: <49f76216$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 escreveu:
> Well... I keep feeling all depressed because I suck at talking to people
> and stuff. But you know what? One week I spent 3 hours chatting to an
> old friend. And the next week I chatted to a complete stranger and even
> got her phone number. That doesn't sound like failure, that sounds
> like... well, SUCCESS, actually. So maybe I *don't* suck at talking to
> people - maybe it's just that the people I usually have around me are
> arseholes?

Most probably, yes.

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 30 Apr 2009 13:31:14
Message: <49f9e062$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 21:03:12 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> Darren New wrote:
>
>> Sounds like "My boyfriend is being a pain in the butt, but not as much
>> a pain in the butt as finding an entirely new boyfriend."
>
> Ooo, maybe I could become that friend she trusts and tells all her
> problems to, but never actually dates? :-S

Maybe.  That can be educational, but also can be very frustrating.
BTDTGTTS.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 30 Apr 2009 13:32:01
Message: <49f9e091@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 21:02:32 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> So maybe I *don't* suck at talking to people - maybe it's just that the
> people I usually have around me are arseholes?

Result!  What have we been trying to tell you for the last how-many-years?

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 30 Apr 2009 13:45:19
Message: <49f9e3af$1@news.povray.org>
>> Ooo, maybe I could become that friend she trusts and tells all her
>> problems to, but never actually dates? :-S
>
> Maybe.  That can be educational, but also can be very frustrating.

Yes. And given the way my life works, that's where I suspect I'll end
up. :-/

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>> So maybe I *don't* suck at talking to people - maybe it's just that the
>> people I usually have around me are arseholes?
>
> Result!  What have we been trying to tell you for the last how-many-years?

That I can't spell?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 18:45:22 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> Ooo, maybe I could become that friend she trusts and tells all her
>>> problems to, but never actually dates? :-S
>>
>> Maybe.  That can be educational, but also can be very frustrating.
>
> Yes. And given the way my life works, that's where I suspect I'll end
> up. :-/

Well, if anything we can always count on you being pessimistic about
life. ;-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 18:45:41 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> So maybe I *don't* suck at talking to people - maybe it's just that
>>> the people I usually have around me are arseholes?
>>
>> Result!  What have we been trying to tell you for the last
>> how-many-years?
>
> That I can't spell?

No, the other thing.... ;-)

Jim