POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mission: improbable : Re: Fizzle Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:17:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fizzle
From: Invisible
Date: 1 May 2009 04:44:45
Message: <49fab67d$1@news.povray.org>
>> Well that's not entirely true. As you may have noticed, when something
>> actually goes right for once, I suddenly become very optimistic.
>
> You need to make it less "sudden" and more a way of being.

Easier said than done.

> having a more positive outlook tends to be better for one's
> mental health.

I'm not disagreeing.

>> It's just that for the most part, my life is a
>> failure, so usually I'm pessimistic.
>
> See, you need to stop with statements like "my life is a failure".
> That's what we've been saying.

And what *I* have been saying is that when you repeatedly try to do
things and are greeted only with failure, it makes it really, *really*
hard to remain positive.

Most people fail sometimes, and succeed sometimes. Unfortunately, I fail
almost *all* the time. This is extremely depressing.

(That's probably why I get so hyperactive on the rare occasions where
something actually works...)