POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mission: improbable Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  Mission: improbable (Message 58 to 67 of 127)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Epic win
Date: 22 Apr 2009 15:57:28
Message: <49ef76a8@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 20:51:13 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> Ah, don't worry. You just gotta relax and... who am I kidding? Right
>>> now I'm sat next to the phone waiting for it to ring, even though I
>>> know it won't. :-| How dumb is that??
>>
>> Go find something to do - a watched phone never rings.
>>
>> If she phones and you're not there, she can leave a message, right?
>
> She's at work right now. There's no way in hell she's going to call from
> work.

OK, so that is a little nuts. ;-)

> Also... my phone has a voicemail function, but I have no idea how it
> works. But I'll know she called, which is the main thing.

I'm sure you could find out, though. :-)

> (I'm not seriously expecting her to call, rather to reply to my SMS...)

That's also a possibility....kids these days seem to prefer texting to
phoning. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 22 Apr 2009 16:28:59
Message: <49ef7e0b@news.povray.org>
> On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 13:26:07 -0400, Warp wrote:

> >   How else do they know who to send the bills to in your country?

> Because they're given a mailing address?

  And if the person in question does not pay his bills and moves to
another place?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>> On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 13:26:07 -0400, Warp wrote:
>
>>>   How else do they know who to send the bills to in your country?
>
>> Because they're given a mailing address?
>
>   And if the person in question does not pay his bills and moves to
> another place?

Then they keep the deposit.  :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 16:28:59 -0400, Warp wrote:

>> On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 13:26:07 -0400, Warp wrote:
>
>> >   How else do they know who to send the bills to in your country?
>
>> Because they're given a mailing address?
>
>   And if the person in question does not pay his bills and moves to
> another place?

Then it goes to a collection agency which tracks them down.

In the US, credit reporting agencies tend to have good data on where
people are located as well.

SSN is not a universal ID in the US.  It's a taxpayer identification
number and really nothing more.

Jim

Post a reply to this message