POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mission: improbable : Re: Epic win Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:20:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Epic win
From: Darren New
Date: 23 Apr 2009 11:45:46
Message: <49f08d2a$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>>>   And if the person in question does not pay his bills and moves to
>>> another place?
>
>> Then it goes to a collection agency which tracks them down.
>
>   And the easiest way of doing that here is with the social security number,
> as it's an unambiguous unique identifier (and the government has your data
> associated with it).

Yes. Here, if you refuse to give your SSN to (say) the phone company,
they'll require about six months of deposit from you (i.e., about 6 bills
worth of money), and they'll give that back after a year. And you'll still
get sent to collections if you don't pay after that, and you won't get phone
service without a big deposit next time even if you give your SSN. (That's
one of the things those 300TB databases tracks.)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)