POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mission: improbable : Re: Epic win Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:20:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Epic win
From: Invisible
Date: 23 Apr 2009 04:04:47
Message: <49f0211f@news.povray.org>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_shyness
>
> Maybe something like that.  Extreme fear of rejection was a bit part of
> it.  I was always the kid the girls wanted to have as a friend so they
> could complain about their boyfriends (or the other boys they wanted as
> their boyfriends) to someone.

When *I* was a kid, "girls" were these mythical creatures that I'd never
actually seen or interacted with before, but I desperately wanted to
find one and keep her for ever and ever...

Of course, gradually I came to realise that girls are actually just
normal human beings who are a bit special. Some of them are nice, some
of them are arseholes. Oddly, attractiveness appears to be negatively
correlated with personality... but it's only a general correlation,
there is of course considerable variability.

Now, if I could just learn to not be terrified of all human beings,
maybe I'd be getting somewhere! :-}