POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:13:37 EDT (-0400)
  The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives (Message 21 to 30 of 140)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives
Date: 21 Apr 2009 06:04:41
Message: <49ed9a39$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   If an ISP started censoring all websites related to a political party,
> should they be allowed to do that? What if all the ISPs started blocking
> all political parties except one? Should they be allowed to do that?
>
>   No, they don't have the right to actively censor information which would
> otherwise be available.

Right now, I'm wondering about newspapers. I mean, they very selectively
report only certain news stories. And some newspapers seem to definitely
only report information that makes their favoured political party look
good, or the opposition look bad. Now I'm curios to know whether this is
actually legal.

(Of course, it's not the same thing as ISP censorship at all. Somebody
has to *write* the news, after all. And it can be very difficult indeed
to write in a way which is truly objective and unbaised. But some
publishers don't even attempt to be objective. Is that legal?)

Post a reply to this message