POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The source Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:13:46 EDT (-0400)
  The source (Message 22 to 31 of 31)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: The source
Date: 17 Apr 2009 19:05:58
Message: <49e90b56$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> Of course that will only work if you copy the drive images to identical
> hardware,

It doesn't work then either. You still have to change internally-generated
"security identifiers" in the registry that identifies the machine to the
domain and such.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Darren New
Date: 17 Apr 2009 19:10:20
Message: <49e90c5c$1@news.povray.org>
somebody wrote:
> (*) If you ask the user the year first, month next, it's trivial to validate
> the day.

I used to work on systems where the questions asked depended on previous
answers. And not just simple stuff like not asking the names of the children
if you said you have no children, but stuff like applying interest charges
and volume discounts, and if the result was enough extra money, asking how
to refund it, for example. Or asking which portfolios it was to go into.

Given the clients, it would have been a nightmare had we not been able to
drive the whole thing.  (Since it was back in DOS days and hence all text,
the question never came up.)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)