POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The source : Re: The source Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:16:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The source
From: Darren New
Date: 17 Apr 2009 19:10:20
Message: <49e90c5c$1@news.povray.org>
somebody wrote:
> (*) If you ask the user the year first, month next, it's trivial to validate
> the day.

I used to work on systems where the questions asked depended on previous
answers. And not just simple stuff like not asking the names of the children
if you said you have no children, but stuff like applying interest charges
and volume discounts, and if the result was enough extra money, asking how
to refund it, for example. Or asking which portfolios it was to go into.

Given the clients, it would have been a nightmare had we not been able to
drive the whole thing.  (Since it was back in DOS days and hence all text,
the question never came up.)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)