POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The source : Re: The source Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:15:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The source
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 22 Apr 2009 13:29:19
Message: <49ef53ee@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Vista seems to have less of this brain-deadness. But I haven't explored
> too far yet...

I haven't tried Vista. I tried Windows 7 on a VM.

I noticed it was *annoying*.

UAC asks me to allow something, and there are two links cluttering the
dialog: "help me decide" and "choose how often you see these
notifications".

I go to the Games folder to see what it's about, and a dialog pops up asking
if I want to enable a feature that automatically downloads content from the
Internet related to the games I have. Interrupting me on my task: exploring
the Games folder.

I open Minesweeper. "Your 3D acceleration is off" WTF? I need 3D
acceleration for Minesweeper now?!

Minesweeper opens. Half the game grid is instantly covered with
instructions. I manage to get rid of it.

I play and lose. A dialog box larger than the game window opens to inform me
that I lost, and asking me if I want to quit the game or play again.

What is Microsoft smoking?