POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Emacs Server Time
25 May 2024 17:23:39 EDT (-0400)
  Emacs (Message 11 to 20 of 349)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Re: Emacs
Date: 14 Apr 2009 09:58:04
Message: <49e4966c@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> Also, you can use it without having to "install" anything. Just
> download, unzip, and go. (Well... spend 3 days customising and *then* go.)

Yep, Notepad2 is the same way. Like I said.. very lightweight...

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 14 Apr 2009 09:59:36
Message: <49e496c8$1@news.povray.org>
triple_r wrote:

> Don't worry.  I won't evangelize, but the word 'once' is clearly the problem, as
> in, "I tried running once, but I didn't win, so I gave up."

Once was enough :D

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 14 Apr 2009 10:00:56
Message: <49e49718$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
>> Extensible/Programmable
>
> Well, not so much. You can reprogram the syntax hilighting to handle
> some unknown language if it matches a known one closely enough. And you

	Eh? Why does it have to match a known one close enough?

	Don't knock the Lisp interpretor aspect. A lot of cool apps have been
written for Emacs, and they're designed to interoperate well. I've just
been reading the gnus manual (runs in emacs), and was somewhat blown
away by it. I've been using mutt all these years and am tired of its
lack in certain features. It's easier to write Lisp rules to do what I
need than to go through C/C++ source code and recompile.

	But I can't answer your question thoroughly, as I'm not yet a heavy
emacs user.

--
What do fish say when they hit a concrete wall? Dam!

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl

Post a reply to this message