POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Damn I hate open source Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:16:24 EDT (-0400)
  Damn I hate open source (Message 15 to 24 of 24)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: Damn I hate open source
Date: 4 Apr 2009 15:40:00
Message: <web.49d7b6747ecfc9ec492371260@news.povray.org>
> Actually, I think that's a good question for the next person I interview for
> a commercial position: "Have you added functionality to any open source
> project?" Yes.  "Show me the documentation you wrote for programmers who
> come after you."  Ooops.   No wonder software is so unreliable.

That's a good one. Even if it can't serve as a pass/fail criterion (you better
not expect any applicants passing this one ;)) it may kick even the
best-prepared know-all smartass into defensive mode :P

(*Rushes off to hastily throw together a rudimentary doc about POV radiosity and
subsurface scattering...*)

Post a reply to this message

> > Actually, I think that's a good question for the next person I interview for
> > a commercial position: "Have you added functionality to any open source
> > project?" Yes.  "Show me the documentation you wrote for programmers who
> > come after you."  Ooops.   No wonder software is so unreliable.
>
> That's a good one. Even if it can't serve as a pass/fail criterion (you better
> not expect any applicants passing this one ;)) it may kick even the
> best-prepared know-all smartass into defensive mode :P
>
> (*Rushes off to hastily throw together a rudimentary doc about POV radiosity and
> subsurface scattering...*)

LOL

Post a reply to this message