POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Damn I hate open source : Re: Damn I hate open source Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:13:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Damn I hate open source
From: Darren New
Date: 4 Apr 2009 20:56:18
Message: <49d801b2$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> Note however that the task of interfacing to a protocol is somewhat different
> from doing maintenance work on an existing piece of software.

Depends on the kind of maintenance. I'd say using a complicated library, or
porting it to a new environment, is much closer to interfacing to a protocol
than it is to maintaining the library.

Sure, fixing someone else's code, or adding functionality? You're going to
need to read the code. Documentation that tells you what code you don't need
to read would be great.

Figuring out what goes in the configuration files based by reading the
configuration file parser? Sucktastic.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)