POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I knew this would happen at some point Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:17:51 EDT (-0400)
  I knew this would happen at some point (Message 125 to 134 of 134)
From: andrel
Subject: Re: I knew this would happen at some point
Date: 30 Mar 2009 15:57:16
Message: <49D1241A.30803@hotmail.com>
On 30-3-2009 17:08, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 23:16:17 +0200, andrel wrote:
>
>> Question to check how your link with reality is: a Dutchman going to the
>> States for a couple of years or an American coming here. One has to do
>> an exam to convert to a valid local license: which one?
>
> Very likely you have to take the US exam.
>
> In the US, the MN state driver's license test is (was) one of the most
> difficult in the country, supposed to be good for everywhere.  Well, not
> Utah, I had to take the Utah written exam (but not the behind-the-wheel
> exam).
>
> Less than 40%, though, doesn't say much until you know the difficulty of
> the questions, too.  10 questions that show you an octagonal sign with
> the word "STOP" on it asking you what the sign is for wouldn't really
> count. :-)

Slightly more difficult. Any sign and any situation can come up, also
the ones involving military transports, horses and dustroads. In fact
you have to know almost all traffic rules :(
Typically you get a picture of a situation with a couple of cars, bikes,
and persons and a question along the line of: you want to go right here,
is that allowed? and 10 seconds or so to choose. And IIRC 50 question
like that.

Post a reply to this message