POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I knew this would happen at some point : Re: I knew this would happen at some point Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:15:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I knew this would happen at some point
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 31 Mar 2009 14:42:43
Message: <49d26423$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 08:47:23 +0200, scott wrote:

>> It amazes me that anyone *fails* this exam, yet people do.  And they
>> still are granted a license after they pass it, no matter how many
>> times they've failed it.
>
> Haha reminds me of some of the questions in the UK written test ~10
> years ago (maybe it's harder now?)
>
> Q: You come up behind a slower vehicle, what should you do: 1: Drive as
> close as possible behind so you can overtake quickly 2: Press the horn
> to try and make them speed up 3: Keep a safe distance behind
> 4: Flash your lights
>
> Although there were ones where you had to remember the colours of all
> the cats-eyes (I didn't even notice there were different coloured ones
> on the motorway until this!), stopping distances from various speeds
> etc.  For a geek like me I just calculated and memorised what
> acceleration value they were assuming for wet/dry roads :-)  You only
> needed to score 30/35 to pass, most of the answers were just plain
> common sense - or rather, you had to think what would some really
> sensible driver do in this situation :-).

LOL

Reminds me of a "quiz" we had to take here recently at work.  Sit through
a 15 minute online presentation and then answer 4 questions.  The 4
questions were on the level of:

1.  A duck is:

a) a fish
b) a cat
c) a duck
d) a dog

And if I were being facetious about it, I'd also add:

e) none of the above
f) all of the above

;-)

Jim