POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I knew this would happen at some point : Re: I knew this would happen at some point Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:15:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I knew this would happen at some point
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 31 Mar 2009 00:31:45
Message: <49d19cb1$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 07:02:28 +0300, Eero Ahonen wrote:

> andrel wrote:
>> Typically you get a picture of a situation with a couple of cars,
>> bikes, and persons and a question along the line of: you want to go
>> right here, is that allowed? and 10 seconds or so to choose. And IIRC
>> 50 question like that.
>
> Finnish picture test is the same. Also there's usually something nasty
> hidden in part of the images, like a motorcycle, who's driver's helmet
> is visible only for 5mm over a parked car and is allowed to go before
> you are.

The "written" test here in Utah was also a picture test, but nothing so
nasty as that.

Picture of a yield sign.  Question:  "What should you do when you see
this sign?"  Answers:  a) look to see if there's traffic approaching and
proceed with caution.  b) come to a full stop and look both ways.  c)
accelerate through the intersection.  d) close your eyes and pray as you
speed up.

It amazes me that anyone *fails* this exam, yet people do.  And they
still are granted a license after they pass it, no matter how many times
they've failed it.

Not in Utah, but there's a 80-ish year old guy in Florida who has taken
his written drivers' license exam some 70+ times and he could still be
licensed to drive if he passed it.

Jim