POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Maybe in the future... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:13:02 EDT (-0400)
From: Warp
Subject: Maybe in the future...
Date: 14 Mar 2009 14:22:47

From: Chambers
Subject: Re: Maybe in the future...
Date: 14 Mar 2009 19:28:39
On 3/14/2009 11:22 AM, Warp wrote:

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 15 Mar 2009 17:35:00
Message: <web.49bd743396e1541a3e11edc40@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> ... modelers will be like this:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzFpg271sm8&fmt=18

Yeah, saw it a while ago.  Breathtaking.

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 16 Mar 2009 10:40:14
Message: <49be64ce$1@news.povray.org>
> ... modelers will be like this:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzFpg271sm8&fmt=18

Looks a little bit easier to use than Blender :-)

Seriously, there seems to be huge efficiency increases possible in 3D design
just through GUI development, both the software and hardware input methods.
If someone wrote some software similar to the one in that clip just to run
on already existing VR goggles and finger tracking hardware that would be
awesome.  Or even just on large displays with multi-touch capabilities, like
the Microsoft Surface computer - some sort of 3D modeller for that system
would be cool, where you could rotate things around, draw new 3D objects and
stretch and squash them all just using your fingers.

Post a reply to this message

> Looks a little bit easier to use than Blender :-)

Honestly? Not really. :-)  Think about memorizing all those guestures.

> clip just to run on already existing VR goggles and finger tracking
> hardware that would be awesome.

http://www.ted.com/talks/pattie_maes_demos_the_sixth_sense.html

Cool stuff, without any special hardware.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)