POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Maybe in the future... : Re: Maybe in the future... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Maybe in the future...
From: Darren New
Date: 27 Mar 2009 12:28:28
Message: <49ccfeac@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> Umm. You can on some "variant" systems, like RealXtend.

I see. It's a patch to the client to send the instructions that would build
the same thing that's in the .OBJ files and such.  I thought they'd added
stuff as a primitive. I think I'm confusing it with unreal engine.

> squashing bugs in the existing physics, data management back end,
> working out why things that worked fairly well a year ago don't do so
> well now, etc.

Yeah. It was a clever business idea, with a horrific implementation.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)