POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Snow Plow Encounter Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:15:04 EDT (-0400)
  Snow Plow Encounter (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Jim Holsenback
Subject: Snow Plow Encounter
Date: 16 Feb 2009 06:17:55
Message: <49994b63@news.povray.org>
Yikes ... I seems that everyone tense these days!

I'd just finished cleaning up the driveway when along comes the snow plow. I
stood in my driveway with praying hands begging him to lift the blade just a
tad, but NO .... more cleanup.

Just as I'm about to put the shovel away up drives the snow plow. He stops
in the middle of the highway, and asks me "You got a problem with me!" Now
in some parts of the world thems fightin' words, but I decided not to bite.
I commented .... sounds like you've had a bad day. Again he asks "You got a
problem with me!" .....

After a thoughtful moment I replied .... My problems are my own, and I have
two of them.
1.  the snow you left in my driveway, and
2.  I can't decide can't decide if I want to ruin BOTH our days because you
don't look THAT tough .... I believe I could give you a run for your money.

I never saw someone back down that quick in my life. He launched into how
this truck cost him dearly and he's doing a thankless job for next to
nothing. You're preaching to the choir I told him .... business is tough
everywhere .... hell my shop isn't even open until May. There must be a line
forming somewhere, so get in it and complain to someone who cares!

This morning he drives by ... I'm waving (yes ALL my fingers are up .... not
just the middle one) and smiling as he goes by.

The moral is: everyones uptight these days .... we could all use a break!

Jim

Post a reply to this message

To some people the chance to dump more snow on everyone who is trying to
clean it up sounds like the good part of the job - and you get paid to
do it.

Post a reply to this message

> Yikes ... I seems that everyone tense these days!
>
> I'd just finished cleaning up the driveway when along comes the snow plow. I
> stood in my driveway with praying hands begging him to lift the blade just a
> tad, but NO .... more cleanup.
>
> Just as I'm about to put the shovel away up drives the snow plow. He stops
> in the middle of the highway, and asks me "You got a problem with me!" Now
> in some parts of the world thems fightin' words, but I decided not to bite.
> I commented .... sounds like you've had a bad day. Again he asks "You got a
> problem with me!" .....

<snip>

> This morning he drives by ... I'm waving (yes ALL my fingers are up .... not
> just the middle one) and smiling as he goes by.
>
> The moral is: everyones uptight these days .... we could all use a break!
>
> Jim

I deal with it as well - clean out the driveway only to have the heavy
wet crap dumped back on it - now I really have to get out there to get
rid of it before it freezes or I am going no where for a couple of days
as I chip through the ice.

Honestly - good job not letting him get to you.  It's too easy to let
things like that get one hyped up and make matters worse.  When I see
things like that I sometimes see it as a challenge - he's having a bad
day - how can I make it better so that he doesn't have to feel this way.

Good job!

Tom

Post a reply to this message