POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Snow Plow Encounter : Snow Plow Encounter Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:18:16 EDT (-0400)
  Snow Plow Encounter
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 16 Feb 2009 06:17:55
Message: <49994b63@news.povray.org>
Yikes ... I seems that everyone tense these days!

I'd just finished cleaning up the driveway when along comes the snow plow. I
stood in my driveway with praying hands begging him to lift the blade just a
tad, but NO .... more cleanup.

Just as I'm about to put the shovel away up drives the snow plow. He stops
in the middle of the highway, and asks me "You got a problem with me!" Now
in some parts of the world thems fightin' words, but I decided not to bite.
I commented .... sounds like you've had a bad day. Again he asks "You got a
problem with me!" .....

After a thoughtful moment I replied .... My problems are my own, and I have
two of them.
1.  the snow you left in my driveway, and
2.  I can't decide can't decide if I want to ruin BOTH our days because you
don't look THAT tough .... I believe I could give you a run for your money.

I never saw someone back down that quick in my life. He launched into how
this truck cost him dearly and he's doing a thankless job for next to
nothing. You're preaching to the choir I told him .... business is tough
everywhere .... hell my shop isn't even open until May. There must be a line
forming somewhere, so get in it and complain to someone who cares!

This morning he drives by ... I'm waving (yes ALL my fingers are up .... not
just the middle one) and smiling as he goes by.

The moral is: everyones uptight these days .... we could all use a break!

Jim