POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Blender Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:19:40 EDT (-0400)
From: Darren New
Subject: Blender
Date: 14 Feb 2009 16:08:56

From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Blender
Date: 14 Feb 2009 16:21:12

From: Darren New
Date: 14 Feb 2009 16:25:37

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 14 Feb 2009 16:27:09

> It's not *that* dumb a question. :-)

Do you know where you are? :-P

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 14 Feb 2009 16:34:57
Message: <49973901$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 13:08:53 -0800, Darren New wrote:

> Does anyone here use blender?

Very occasionally, been meaning to look at the latest releases, just
haven't had the time.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 14 Feb 2009 16:36:40
Message: <49973968$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> My saturday night LOL! :-D :-D
>>
>> It's not *that* dumb a question. :-)
>
> Do you know where you are? :-P

Yes. Does anyone here use Wings3D?   Blender doesn't totally compete with
POV-Ray.  Blender materials seem kind of lame compared to what you can do
with POV-Ray, actually.

But anyway, in attempting to put together screen shots, I figured out what
it was that I've been kicking for like three hours. Nevermind.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"

Post a reply to this message

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 13:36:37 -0800, Darren New wrote:

> Does anyone here use Wings3D?

I also use this occasionally.

> Blender doesn't totally compete with
> POV-Ray.  Blender materials seem kind of lame compared to what you can
> do with POV-Ray, actually.

I've found that as well, actually.  I wish the materials editor was
better in Blender.

Jim

Post a reply to this message