POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : photoshopped!! (???) Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:19:18 EDT (-0400)
  photoshopped!! (???) (Message 12 to 21 of 21)
From: andrel
Subject: Re: photoshopped!! (???)
Date: 9 Feb 2009 19:04:17
Message: <4990C47C.9060208@hotmail.com>
On 9-2-2009 21:17, m_a_r_c wrote:

> 49905e34@news.povray.org...
>> Halbert <hal### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>>> http://tineye.com/
>>  Seems like islamonline.net is not concerned about such mundane things
>> like
>> copyright...
>> http://www.islamonline.net/english/Contemporary/2002/08/Article02a.shtml
>>
>>  (From here: http://warp.povusers.org/pics/Landscape.jpg )
>>
>> --
>>                                                          - Warp
>
> They are not alone !
>
> http://tineye.com/search/fc3107ea570d15c82f0e52f8fd4064d9670ea392
> (2nd result)
>
> I don't understand Dutch but I'm not sure I like it

I do, but the query expired.

Post a reply to this message

From: triple r
Date: 9 Feb 2009 19:35:00
Message: <web.4990cb06d8a5570979a9d4e40@news.povray.org>
andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > I don't understand Dutch but I'm not sure I like it
>
> I do, but the query expired.

Here's the original:

http://www.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/2003-04-30/erasmus.jpg

I'll let you do the work since I'm not sure I like it either.

 - Ricky

Post a reply to this message

From: m a r c
Date: 10 Feb 2009 03:17:39
Message: <49913823$1@news.povray.org>

web.4990cb06d8a5570979a9d4e40@news.povray.org...
> andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> > I don't understand Dutch but I'm not sure I like it
>>
>> I do, but the query expired.
>
> Here's the original:
>
> http://www.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/2003-04-30/erasmus.jpg
>
> I'll let you do the work since I'm not sure I like it either.
>
> - Ricky

I didn't want to post a direct link to that  found website because its
overall look stinks.

BTW I did the search with the image URL on my site and TinEye didn't find it
on the IRTC as the search from IRTC URL does not find it on my site.
But you knew where to find it ...you have a good image recognition algorithm
:-)

Marc

Post a reply to this message

>>> I don't understand Dutch but I'm not sure I like it
>> I do, but the query expired.
>
> Here's the original:
>
> http://www.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/2003-04-30/erasmus.jpg
>
> I'll let you do the work since I'm not sure I like it either.

It is a page that tries to take a pro-tolerance point of view. It does
so by attacking every group that is non-tolerant.
In short it is pro-homosexuality, anti-islamic, slightly xenophobe and a
bit nationalistic. As you can infer from the layout of the page, it is
not entirely coherently written.
For the American readers: homosexuality is accepted in our Dutch
culture. Protecting gay rights can therefore also be a point in extreme
right wings/nationalistic views.
It does not attack the Islam as a faith, but only those things that are
incompatible with our current culture (but not necessary with our
1950's). In passing there is even a derogative remark aimed at
conservative Christians who hold the same sort of views.
Generaal Pardon refers to a group of foreigners that had been in the
netherlands for 10+ years, worked here and became part of our society
without ever been legal here. Most of them because the bureaucracy here
failed to take a decision. There has been a campaign for a number of
years to grant this group a general pardon and legalise the group. And
there was the anti-campaign. This is much too complicated to discuss
here further, but if anyone is looking for a subject for a PhD or two in
sociology/politicology...

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Date: 10 Feb 2009 04:04:43
Message: <4991432C.7040709@hotmail.com>
On 10-2-2009 9:17, m_a_r_c wrote:

> web.4990cb06d8a5570979a9d4e40@news.povray.org...
>>> I do, but the query expired.
>> Here's the original:
>>
>> http://www.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/2003-04-30/erasmus.jpg
>>
>> I'll let you do the work since I'm not sure I like it either.
>>
>> - Ricky
>
> I didn't want to post a direct link to that  found website because its
> overall look stinks.
>
> BTW I did the search with the image URL on my site and TinEye didn't find it
> on the IRTC as the search from IRTC URL does not find it on my site.
> But you knew where to find it ...you have a good image recognition algorithm
> :-)

Should I know where your site is? It is not in your sig. Nor is mine for
that matter ;) (members.chello.nl/a.c.linnenbank)

Post a reply to this message

From: m a r c
Date: 10 Feb 2009 05:08:19
Message: <49915213@news.povray.org>

499### [at] hotmailcom...

> It is a page that tries to take a pro-tolerance point of view. It does so
> by attacking every group that is non-tolerant.

Thank you for making it clear.
As I could understand only the images and pick a word here and there, I
thought it was worse.
Anyway it does not show a well structured thought.

Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: m a r c
Date: 10 Feb 2009 05:09:21
Message: <49915251$1@news.povray.org>

499### [at] hotmailcom...
> Should I know where your site is? It is not in your sig. Nor is mine for
> that matter ;) (members.chello.nl/a.c.linnenbank)
I'm far from proud of its look but a little less ugly than generaal pardon
http://marc.jacquier.free.fr/ (sorry but in French)

Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: m a r c
Date: 10 Feb 2009 05:27:48
Message: <499156a4@news.povray.org>

499### [at] hotmailcom...
> Should I know where your site is? It is not in your sig. Nor is mine for
> that matter ;) (members.chello.nl/a.c.linnenbank)

Oh you are in pump business :-)
Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Subject: Re: photoshopped!! (???), Re:Technical support is...
Date: 10 Feb 2009 07:16:30
Message: <4991701E.9070108@hotmail.com>
On 10-2-2009 11:27, m_a_r_c wrote:

> 499### [at] hotmailcom...
>> Should I know where your site is? It is not in your sig. Nor is mine for
>> that matter ;) (members.chello.nl/a.c.linnenbank)
>
> Oh you are in pump business :-)

No I am not a plumber, I am an electrician (or more precise, I support
them). I could not find this use in an official definition but it is
used in our field in this way: see e.g.
http://content.onlinejacc.org/cgi/content/full/44/7/1358

If only I new how to cross post to
http://news.povray.org/ads0p4dcref2svlq2cirpkc3tjpt4ugd3n%404ax.com