POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : photoshopped!! (???) : Re: photoshopped!! (???) Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:15:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: photoshopped!! (???)
From: andrel
Date: 10 Feb 2009 04:01:32
Message: <4991426D.9080608@hotmail.com>
On 10-2-2009 1:32, triple_r wrote:
> andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>>> I don't understand Dutch but I'm not sure I like it
>> I do, but the query expired.
>
> Here's the original:
>
> http://www.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/2003-04-30/erasmus.jpg
>
> I'll let you do the work since I'm not sure I like it either.

It is a page that tries to take a pro-tolerance point of view. It does
so by attacking every group that is non-tolerant.
In short it is pro-homosexuality, anti-islamic, slightly xenophobe and a
bit nationalistic. As you can infer from the layout of the page, it is
not entirely coherently written.
For the American readers: homosexuality is accepted in our Dutch
culture. Protecting gay rights can therefore also be a point in extreme
right wings/nationalistic views.
It does not attack the Islam as a faith, but only those things that are
incompatible with our current culture (but not necessary with our
1950's). In passing there is even a derogative remark aimed at
conservative Christians who hold the same sort of views.
Generaal Pardon refers to a group of foreigners that had been in the
netherlands for 10+ years, worked here and became part of our society
without ever been legal here. Most of them because the bureaucracy here
failed to take a decision. There has been a campaign for a number of
years to grant this group a general pardon and legalise the group. And
there was the anti-campaign. This is much too complicated to discuss
here further, but if anyone is looking for a subject for a PhD or two in
sociology/politicology...