POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bitter failure Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:17:34 EDT (-0400)
  Bitter failure (Message 31 to 39 of 39)
From: Fredrik Eriksson
Subject: Re: Bitter failure
Date: 5 Feb 2009 15:22:24
Message: <op.uowavmdj7bxctx@e6600>

http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=anisotropic+texture+filtering

--
FE

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 5 Feb 2009 15:23:35
Message: <498b4ac7@news.povray.org>
>> and anisotropic texture filtering
>
> What does this mean, btw? I know what the words mean, but what effect
> does it have on the visuals? Is it just that some of the filters that
> represent anisotropic surfaces get their visuals improved, or does it
> apply to surfaces based on real materials that are isotropic?

Textures viewed "edge-on" look better.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Darren New
Date: 5 Feb 2009 15:33:22
Message: <498b4d12$1@news.povray.org>
Fredrik Eriksson wrote:
> http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=anisotropic+texture+filtering

Thanks!

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Re: Epic fail.
Date: 5 Feb 2009 17:30:35
Message: <498b688b@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> Unfortunately, closing Process Explorer still doesn't let me run the
>>> game.
>>
>>    Did you try rebooting? And have you downloaded the latest patch?
>
> Well, I have Process Explorer set to start automatically at boot. :-P
>
> I disabled this, rebooted, and now Crysis runs just fine. WTF?? o_O

SecuROM sucks. :)

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 6 Feb 2009 00:05:42
Message: <498bc526$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 11:29:48 -0800, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Like many/any will tell the truth there if they're, say, 14.
>
> That's not the point of the question. The point of the question is legal
> coverage. Valve doesn't care if children see it. Valve only cares if
> lawyers will yell at them for letting children see it.

Yes, I do know that - it's kinda stupid that one has to cover oneself
using a method that anyone/everyone lies when using.

I'm over 18 (obviously) and I sometimes use fake dates on those age
verification forms, because I'm old enough and by how much isn't any of
their business.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 18:43:35 +0000, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Like many/any will tell the truth there if they're, say, 14.
>
> It's a test of math skills then? :-D

LOL, good one. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> Yes, I do know that - it's kinda stupid that one has to cover oneself
> using a method that anyone/everyone lies when using.

Leisure Suit Larry had such question at the start of the game. I once
tested what it says if you answer under 18 :).

> I'm over 18 (obviously) and I sometimes use fake dates on those age
> verification forms, because I'm old enough and by how much isn't any of
> their business.

If there's pull-down menus, it's enough to check the year far enough,
then just slap something to month and date.

> Jim

-Aero

Post a reply to this message