POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : White is in the winter Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:15:15 EDT (-0400)
  White is in the winter (Message 1 to 10 of 73)
From: Invisible
Subject: White is in the winter
Date: 2 Feb 2009 04:50:21
Message: <4986c1dd@news.povray.org>
Yesterday my mum notified me of the "blizzard" outside. This consisted
of approximately 3 tiny snowflakes barely visible to the naked eye.

Yesterday evening, the ground was about 20% covered in whiteness. If you
imagine taking a chocolate cake and lightly sprinkling it with icing
sugar, that's roughly what it looked like. (For extra points... go *get*
a chocolate cake and eat it!)

This morning, as I walked to my car there was approximately 15 mm of
snow laying on the ground, and barely visible flakes were still
continuing to fall. On the way to work, the snow cover gradually became
thinner and thinner, until in Coventry there isn't even a full covering.

On the radio I hear that the MET office has issued a country-wide Severe
Weather Warning, schools and businesses have been closed, and the
Highways Agency has advised people not to travel "unless absolutely
necessary".

Uh... WTF? It's not exactly like the Arctic out there! :-P

Post a reply to this message