POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Have some SEMs Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:23:04 EDT (-0400)
  Have some SEMs (Message 1 to 10 of 32)
From: Invisible
Subject: Have some SEMs
Date: 28 Jan 2009 08:25:05
Message: <49805cb1$1@news.povray.org>
(Scanning Electron Micrographs. As in, pictures taken with a Scanning
Electron Microscope.)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a4/Misc_pollen.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a8/LT-SEM_snow_crystal_magnification_series-3.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/48/Mchaster_hair_tatoo.JPG
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/50/Fib_tem_sample.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/00/SEM_SE_vs_BE_Zr_Al.png

Pretty neat, eh?

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Have some SEMs
Date: 28 Jan 2009 11:12:22
Message: <498083e6@news.povray.org>
Invisible escreveu:
> (Scanning Electron Micrographs. As in, pictures taken with a Scanning
> Electron Microscope.)
>
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a4/Misc_pollen.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a8/LT-SEM_snow_crystal_magnification_series-3.jpg

> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/48/Mchaster_hair_tatoo.JPG
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/50/Fib_tem_sample.jpg
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/00/SEM_SE_vs_BE_Zr_Al.png
>
> Pretty neat, eh?

yes.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a4/Misc_pollen.jpg

With all those spikes it's no surprise most people sneeze... :P

The microscopic world is about as fascinating as the biggest universe
structures and I wonder if in fact they are not the same.  As in, once
we devise a sufficiently accurate device for seeing further we realize
our universe is just a grain of dust and inside a grain of dust lies a
whole universe...

Post a reply to this message

> The microscopic world is about as fascinating as the biggest universe
> structures and I wonder if in fact they are not the same.  As in, once
> we devise a sufficiently accurate device for seeing further we realize
> our universe is just a grain of dust and inside a grain of dust lies a
> whole universe...

Man, that is so deep... o_O

But hey, you aren't the first person to point out that the solar system
looks conspicuously like the internal structure of an atom. ;-)

Post a reply to this message

> (Scanning Electron Micrographs. As in, pictures taken with a Scanning
> Electron Microscope.)
>
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a4/Misc_pollen.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a8/LT-SEM_snow_crystal_magnification_series-3.jpg

> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/48/Mchaster_hair_tatoo.JPG