POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Have some SEMs : Re: Have some SEMs Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:14:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Have some SEMs
From: Tim Cook
Date: 28 Jan 2009 12:44:16
Message: <49809970$1@news.povray.org>
"Invisible" <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> But hey, you aren't the first person to point out that the solar system
> looks conspicuously like the internal structure of an atom. ;-)

No it doesn't.  Planets aren't waveforms that appear to occupy the entire
volume of space in a certain pattern around the central element and turn
into particle-like entities under certain conditions; they're *always*
particle-like entities, with well-defined position and velocity that can
both be measured.  (Mind, it helps that what we're measuring them with is
unable to affect either attribute on the levels we use.)

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net