POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Occasionally, sanity does prevail. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:19:43 EDT (-0400)
  Occasionally, sanity does prevail. (Message 20 to 29 of 39)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Occasionally, sanity does prevail.
Date: 26 Jan 2009 13:05:21
Message: <497dfb61$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 17:05:23 -0500, Warp wrote:

>> That's easy.  If the safety rules conflict with one's religious rules,
>> then there are two options:
>
>> 1.  You go by the food safety rules
>> 2.  You find a different job
>
>   Tell that to the politically-correct multicultural-friendly courts of
> law of western Europe...

I think you'll find that food safety will trump.  People getting sick is
*bad*.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 26 Jan 2009 13:26:05
Message: <497e003d$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:

> Got some wacko that took this to an extreme and now has her company on
> the verge of being embroiled in a lawsuit. She was a nurse and had been
> "accidentally" tugging out IUD (Inter-Uteran Devices) from female

One should not impose their religious beliefs on others. Period. Of
course this goes well beyond that ...

It is OK for you to tell me you believe in the majesty of the great and
powerful flying spaghetti monster. But it ends there. I do not want to
be told that I will boil in a vat of hot marinara sauce because I do not
believe the same, nor should you insist on attempting to recruit me to
your particular brand of religion. If I show an interest and ask
questions, answer those questions. But if I say, "That's nice" and begin
to walk off, this is not a cue for you to start shoving pamphlets at me
to go on lecturing me about the grace of His noodley appendage. I'm not
interested and I'm not listening.

Quite honestly, I believe it is rude for someone to go advertising their
religion as if it were a product.

What you described is exceptionally, unacceptable and intrusive. What
people decide to do with their own body is their decision and their
decision alone.

Anyway... I'll go back to my usually nerdy self playing with numbers,
and computers and the like.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message