POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Occasionally, sanity does prevail. : Re: Occasionally, sanity does prevail. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Occasionally, sanity does prevail.
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 26 Jan 2009 13:26:05
Message: <497e003d$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:

> Got some wacko that took this to an extreme and now has her company on
> the verge of being embroiled in a lawsuit. She was a nurse and had been
> "accidentally" tugging out IUD (Inter-Uteran Devices) from female

One should not impose their religious beliefs on others. Period. Of
course this goes well beyond that ...

It is OK for you to tell me you believe in the majesty of the great and
powerful flying spaghetti monster. But it ends there. I do not want to
be told that I will boil in a vat of hot marinara sauce because I do not
believe the same, nor should you insist on attempting to recruit me to
your particular brand of religion. If I show an interest and ask
questions, answer those questions. But if I say, "That's nice" and begin
to walk off, this is not a cue for you to start shoving pamphlets at me
to go on lecturing me about the grace of His noodley appendage. I'm not
interested and I'm not listening.

Quite honestly, I believe it is rude for someone to go advertising their
religion as if it were a product.

What you described is exceptionally, unacceptable and intrusive. What
people decide to do with their own body is their decision and their
decision alone.

Anyway... I'll go back to my usually nerdy self playing with numbers,
and computers and the like.

--
~Mike