POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Current trends Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:20:46 EDT (-0400)
  Current trends (Message 11 to 20 of 83)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Re: Current trends
Date: 21 Jan 2009 11:39:21
Message: <49774fb9$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:

> But then again, computer to a layman is nothing but a gateway to games,
> music and video -- with some office software used to spellcheck emails
> to justify the price as opposed to a mere games console.  Beautiful
> keyboard, mouse, monitor and casing are far more important than whatever
> is on the inside -- the computer itself...

I miss the days of the nondescript beige box.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 21 Jan 2009 11:57:19
Message: <497753ef$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> nemesis wrote:
>
>> But then again, computer to a layman is nothing but a gateway to
>> games, music and video -- with some office software used to spellcheck
>> emails to justify the price as opposed to a mere games console.
>> Beautiful keyboard, mouse, monitor and casing are far more important
>> than whatever is on the inside -- the computer itself...

Yeah, it does seem that way.

A bit like those people who buy a Vaxhaul Nova and then try to make it
look like a Ferrari.

> I miss the days of the nondescript beige box.

Well you needn't! Just work for your local council. I'm sure *they*
still have green-screen terminals aplenty! ;-)

Post a reply to this message