POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:23:00 EDT (-0400)
  Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. (Message 61 to 70 of 219)
From: triple r
Subject: Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc.
Date: 21 Jan 2009 16:55:01
Message: <web.49779924c995525def2b9ba40@news.povray.org>
> Ha! You're teaching me as you go! :-)

Scratch that.  It could be  LOT worse.  I could be this guy (worth at listen at
about 31:00):

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/Radio_Episode.aspx?episode=293

Also interesting/entertaining:

http://insti.physics.sunysb.edu/~siegel/quack.html
http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/crackpot.html

 - Ricky

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 21 Jan 2009 17:00:38
Message: <49779b06$1@news.povray.org>
clipka escreveu:
> nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> Darren New escreveu:
>>> Hmmmm.... I'll have to think on it.
>> I think it has something to do with the last photons coming out of the
>> object entering the EH are severely slowed down by the massive gravity
>> and only reach you after much more time than normal has passed.
>
> Yeah - interestingly, the distance between a point near the EH and a point far
> away is shorter when moving towards the EH than when moving away from it on the
> very same route...

So that's why light takes a lot more time to reach us and thus the after
image just before the crossing is visible.  OTOH, time and space are two
sides of the same coin, isn't it?

Post a reply to this message