POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ooo... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:21:31 EDT (-0400)
  Ooo... (Message 31 to 40 of 111)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Ooo...
Date: 20 Jan 2009 06:04:02
Message: <4975afa2$1@news.povray.org>
> Yeah - because nobody would take SD content and put it onto an HD disk and
> attempt to sell it as HD. No sir! ;-)

I don't think that is allowed, at least not without some warning on the
packaging.  I have the BBC Planet Earth series on blu-ray, and it says on
the cover that small parts of the content may only be in SD resolution due
to the camera technologies used blah blah blah.

> Hmm, interesting...

I did this on mine:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PlayStation_3

and of course you can then use gcc but you won't be able to make any use of
the cell processor unless you use the special SDK/compiler from IBM:

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/power/cell/

And then you can make stuff like this:

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=rOg9lsAf7u4&fmt=8

Post a reply to this message