POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Really strange design choices Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:21:06 EDT (-0400)
  Really strange design choices (Message 28 to 37 of 37)
From: Bill Pragnell
Subject: Re: Really strange design choices
Date: 18 Dec 2008 17:15:46
Message: <494acb92$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>
>> Why...why...WHY...why would they do this? o_O
>
> I wonder if anybody will figure out where this is quoted from...

It rings a bell from a Friends episode.

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Subject: Re: Trixy
Date: 18 Dec 2008 20:45:00
Message: <web.494afc0bac85e77ef3c2d8260@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford <"m[raiford]!at"@gmail.com> wrote:
> A quickie C# example ...

Maybe the problem is not so much the PostScript language he tries to
*interpret*, but that Halks... Haks... that hassle of a language he tries to
*implement* it in ;)

BTW - I found PostScript to be one of the most-fun languages to program in...
the whole stack-based approach with reversed notation, the string-handling that
lets you get a substring and then manipulate the *original* string via it, and
so on...

Best thing about it: It usually comes with easy-to-use graphics output :)

Post a reply to this message

> BTW - I found PostScript to be one of the most-fun languages to program in...

You should look into FORTH.  PostScript is based on it.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

>>> Why...why...WHY...why would they do this? o_O
>>
>> I wonder if anybody will figure out where this is quoted from...
>
> It rings a bell from a Friends episode.

LOL! We have a winner...

I used to have quite a lot of empathy with Chandler. You know - before
he became all *successful* and stuff... :-/

Post a reply to this message