POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Really strange design choices : Re: Trixy Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:20:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trixy
From: Invisible
Date: 19 Dec 2008 04:55:26
Message: <494b6f8e$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:

> Maybe the problem is not so much the PostScript language he tries to
> *interpret*, but that Halks... Haks... that hassle of a language he tries to
> *implement* it in ;)

Yes. Of course. The fact that the grammer is ambiguous is only a problem
in Haskell. All other programming languages are easily able to cope with
this. :-P

Actually, the problem seems to be the way I've chosen to design my
parser. (I.e., as a one-pass parser.) Now that I'm redesigning it to a
two-pass parser, things seem to be going much more smoothly.

(You can design things wrong in *any* language.)

> BTW - I found PostScript to be one of the most-fun languages to program in...

...and you think I'm writing a PostScript interpretter because...? ;-)

> Best thing about it: It usually comes with easy-to-use graphics output :)

Depends on what you think of as "easy".

It makes it very easy to do vector graphics. It makes it rather harder
to do anything bitmapped.