POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Cool. Linux to reinvent NTFS. ;-) Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:18:54 EDT (-0400)
  Cool. Linux to reinvent NTFS. ;-) (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Darren New
Subject: Cool. Linux to reinvent NTFS. ;-)
Date: 9 Dec 2008 15:54:50
Message: <493edb1a@news.povray.org>
Daniel Phillips invents a Linux FS with all the newest features in NTFS.
Should be interesting to see how the stuff actually gets integrated with the
Linux system APIs, given all the new functionality. Will it be one big lump
of dynamically-typed ioctl()s to control the stuff? Or something more rational?

(At least unlike Microsoft, the article doesn't claim all the ideas are
newly invented. ;-)

http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/309094/96a4d6980342ab7e/

Look forward to fragmented files, folks. ;-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

> Daniel Phillips invents a Linux FS with all the newest features in NTFS.
> Should be interesting to see how the stuff actually gets integrated with the
> Linux system APIs, given all the new functionality. Will it be one big lump
> of dynamically-typed ioctl()s to control the stuff? Or something more rational?

> (At least unlike Microsoft, the article doesn't claim all the ideas are
> newly invented. ;-)

> http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/309094/96a4d6980342ab7e/

> Look forward to fragmented files, folks. ;-)

  Why do you always have to have such a condescending tone when talking
about linux?

  If linux does not support something, it's worth of mockery. If people
actually go and implement something new for linux, it's also worth of
mockery. Whatever they do, it's never right.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message