POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Cool. Linux to reinvent NTFS. ;-) : Re: Cool. Linux to reinvent NTFS. ;-) Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:19:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cool. Linux to reinvent NTFS. ;-)
From: Darren New
Date: 9 Dec 2008 21:23:23
Message: <493f281b$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Why do you always have to have such a condescending tone when talking
> about linux?

The only "condescending" bit was the comment about fragmented files. That
probably came about because I'd just read a big long flame-war about why
Linux doesn't fragment files and Windows sucks and yadda yadda.

I guess it's because much of the time I run across these things, it's
following links from "MS is stupid and evil" rants.

>   If linux does not support something, it's worth of mockery.

I usually don't mock what Linux doesn't support. Regret it, maybe, but not
mock it. I mock all the folks who say that Linux not supporting something
means you shouldn't need it.

> If people
> actually go and implement something new for linux, it's also worth of
> mockery.

It's not mockery here.  I thought folks might be interested in the
developments. Particularly since we just had a big discussion about the
stuff like transactional file updates.

Actually, the biggest "mock" was making fun of MS for claiming everything
they add to Windows is their own invention. ;-)  I *do* try to balance out
my rants.

> Whatever they do, it's never right.

Yeah. Same with MS, really. :-)

--