POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Reverse psychology in action Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:23:20 EDT (-0400)
  Reverse psychology in action (Message 20 to 29 of 39)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Reverse psychology in action
Date: 5 Dec 2008 02:58:10
Message: <4938df12@news.povray.org>
>> *Clearly* you've never been in a car with my mother. ;-)

My gf is the opposite of me, she'll need to be talking to someone the whole
time to stay concentrated.  When she drives by herself she says that she
easily loses concentration on the road.  It's then hard when I'm driving at
160 km/hr and some guy pulls out ahead doing 110 to overtake a truck doing
80 while some guy behind is doing 200, and she's trying to hold a full on
conversation with me!

> My wife's somewhat like that too.  Or worse, she'll gasp and cringe when
> the guy a quarter mile ahead hits the brakes, like I'm not even looking
> out the window or something. Or she'll shout "Watch out!" when she sees
> someone walking thru a parking lot we're driving past.

Hehe my gf is like that too, now I play the game where when she says
"Brake!" I see if actually I can get away with not braking at all and not
crash, surprisingly a few times I can, and then she says "Oh I thought they
were stopped up there".  But then she was also surprised when I told her I
usually look about 10 cars up the road so can see if they are really
stopping or not.

Post a reply to this message