POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Haskell Server Time
10 Oct 2024 06:16:34 EDT (-0400)
  Haskell (Message 57 to 66 of 106)
From: Eero Ahonen
Subject: Re: Haskell
Date: 14 Dec 2008 17:02:43
Message: <49458283$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

> I had to copy his message to a text editor and do s/u/you/ and other
> replacements...

U cnt do tht. U need 2 do s/\ u\ /\ you\ /g, since othr words can have u
 in the mddle of thm.

Post a reply to this message

From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 14 Dec 2008 17:11:08
Message: <4945847c$1@news.povray.org>
Eero Ahonen wrote:

> U cnt do tht. U need 2 do s/\ u\ /\ you\ /g, since othr words can have u
>  in the mddle of thm.

I'll add a disclaimer here. I haven't read the whole thread, but I
personally didn't see Saul's text unreadable.

OTOH, I don't see how it could be faster readable, while the length of
the word practically effects only long and hard words - practically (at
least for me) it takes the same time to read u or you in the middle of
text - I just understand you faster. Today it's not a big issue (at
least for me), but I can imagine back when sending a kilobyte took over
3 seconds and storage really costed some money saving bits and bytes was
a bigger issue. Y2k -problem proved it (if it hadn't been a big issue,
there wouldn't have been such a problem).

-Aero

Post a reply to this message