POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Haskell : Re: Haskell Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Haskell
From: andrel
Date: 15 Dec 2008 15:57:15
Message: <4946C506.50604@hotmail.com>
On 15-Dec-08 2:35, Saul Luizaga wrote:
> OK, I'm answering everyone in this post:
> I may sound juvenile because I wrote a lot in a juvenile game forum and
> Stephen what I was quoting was from the article u offered a link to, so
> I don't see why it sounded juvenile. I had no problem at all on that
> forum trying to understand the posts since is only a simple case on word
> abbreviations by replacing them for their phonetics proxys.
>
> Also I can't believe somebody actually got insulted by this type of
> abbreviations, I actually don't see the logic of the "insult". Was my
> post saying: you are dumb because you who have fought dyslexia can't
> read it? If so, I never even got close to mention dyslexia people, I
> only meant that some people here do intellectual achievements by
> publishing very mind challenging posts to show off themselves as a true
> purpose so I found ridiculous that people here complained about a simple
> mental replacement. Anyway, I don't meant that the people that
> complaining about it is the same that made those show offs, I think was
> a mistake on my part to assume that everyone here would be able to
> understand me, since I assume smart people don't have a problem with
> this kind Internet slang, let alone knowing some people here had a won
> battle against dyslexia. I apology for the mistake.

I think there is something funny in this group, and you are not the
first to experience it in this way. As you know news.povray.org is
deliberately not part of the standard newsgroup system. Perhaps it is
more than just a physical disconnection. I think on average the people
here are somewhat older and although very involved in computers, they
are not the rather empty showing off 'skills' type. Some of us even
think before writing (not me of course).
You might also have noticed the continued annoyance with the lack of
spell checking of our mascot. I think that in general you could say that
many here appreciate it if you write good English or at least try to. If
you are not a native speaker, use that to your advantage. Note that we
are a friendly bunch of guys, and the occasional lady, but don't take us
to seriously, we tend to like running gags. If you don't stop being
taken by surprise with what goes on here, u and ur u may become one of
those.