POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Be very very quiet Server Time
9 Sep 2024 09:21:15 EDT (-0400)
  Be very very quiet (Message 311 to 320 of 618)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Be very very quiet
Date: 19 Jan 2009 21:20:20
Message: <497534e4$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 11:16:34 +0000, Stephen wrote:

>>> Now Jim, you know very well that you can't challenge on a challenge or
>>> where would we be? But since the audience enjoyed your challenge you
>>> get a bonus point. Stephen has 27 seconds left.
>>
>>Woohoo!  Bonus points!
>>

> And what do points mean?

PRIZES! :-)

>>> Pigeons doubled, Trafalgar Square.
>>
>>Ah, well, rounding off the corners there, it's back to the circle line
>>for us, and Bakerloo.
>>

> Bakerloo? Even using the "standard metropolitan variation" you can't go
> to a whole tube line! You have been "Huffed" and I move to Camden Town,
> citing "Moreton's convention".

I was playing Kendall's 4th rule of the standard metropolitan variation -
which invokes rule 172(b).  It provides more options, but is a fairly
obscure variant, I will grant that.

Bethnal Green.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 20 Jan 2009 07:58:52
Message: <5gibn49rqpe51sgaveguaonaq9nahonnq8@4ax.com>
On 19 Jan 2009 21:20:20 -0500, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:

>>>Woohoo!  Bonus points!
>>>

>> And what do points mean?
>
>PRIZES! :-)

Another bonus point for a retentive memory.

>>>Ah, well, rounding off the corners there, it's back to the circle line
>>>for us, and Bakerloo.
>>>

>> Bakerloo? Even using the "standard metropolitan variation" you can't go
>> to a whole tube line! You have been "Huffed" and I move to Camden Town,
>> citing "Moreton's convention".
>
>I was playing Kendall's 4th rule of the standard metropolitan variation -
>which invokes rule 172(b).  It provides more options, but is a fairly
>obscure variant, I will grant that.
>
>Bethnal Green.

I'll get the heck out of there if I can get through the border.
And end up in Peckham Rye, man.
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 12:58:42 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 19 Jan 2009 21:20:20 -0500, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
>
>>> And what do points mean?
>>
>>PRIZES! :-)
>>
> Another bonus point for a retentive memory.

Yay! :-)

>>I was playing Kendall's 4th rule of the standard metropolitan variation
>>- which invokes rule 172(b).  It provides more options, but is a fairly
>>obscure variant, I will grant that.
>>
>>Bethnal Green.
>
> I'll get the heck out of there if I can get through the border. And end
> up in Peckham Rye, man.

Leicester Square‎.  Because there's good restaurants there and I'm hungry
now.

Jim

Post a reply to this message