POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Be very very quiet : Re: Be very very quiet Server Time
9 Sep 2024 11:27:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Be very very quiet
From: Stephen
Date: 23 Jan 2009 09:10:34
Message: <c7jjn49vh0hsbmkvs8ve3jh45u1ufudguu@4ax.com>
On 21 Jan 2009 13:11:39 -0500, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:

>You know, the reason I chose that station is because we had the "dinner
>from hell" near there - met up with an acquaintance with a friend of
>ours, and the acquaintance gave us a "tour" of the "seedy part of
>London" (not her exact words, but close enough).

Soho, the red light district also the theatre district and China town.

>Our friend who was with
>us said "yeah, I was part of the creation of that".  We got lots of
>unsolicited advice, including my stepson (who was maybe 11 at the time)
>getting unsolicited career advice.

Ugg!

>But the funny thing is Wong Kei may well be where we went.  I don't have
>the receipt any more (odd that, it's only been 10 years), so I'm not
>exactly sure where it was.

Ah! Receipts, the Wong Kei does not do receipts nor does it do cheques or credit
cards. If it does receipts I bet they are in Chinese. It is a cheap studenty
place with 4 floors and queues.

>But we were invited to "go for a walk afterward" even though "I know you
>Americans don't like to exercise or take long walks".

How rude.

>We passed, citing
>that it was close to the last train back to Hastings (where we were
>staying with friends) - we went to Leicester Square station and the gate
>was down...

Cross the road, there are two other entrances.

>ended up walking to the next station down the line, had some
>beer and tequila shots, and then got on the train - after realising that
>it actually wasn't the last train after all. :-)

Told you :)

>> Covent Garden.
>
>Ah, our first look at London was there.  We stayed with friends out in
>Bucks the first week we were there, and Shaun took us to London - and we
>got off at Covent Garden.
>
>It was raining, so we went to our next destination by getting back on the
>tube at that station as well. :-)

Raining! I don't believe it ;)

--

Regards