POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh dear... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:23:08 EDT (-0400)
  Oh dear... (Message 71 to 80 of 130)
From: Chambers
Subject: Re: Oh dear...
Date: 14 Nov 2008 23:29:26
Message: <A151860BC371488C8D6852E549157C4B@HomePC>

We're not.

;)

...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 15 Nov 2008 03:58:39
Message: <491e8f3f$1@news.povray.org>
>> Maplin isn't the cheapest place on earth, but they provide actual
>> customer service. It's worth a few percent more for that.
>
> I'm not saying you *have* to shop online, just that you should check
> prices first.

OK, fair enough.

I'm just saying that prices in a real shop will always be higher than
online.

>> and have it in your hand the same day, rather than waiting 3 days for
>> it
>> to be delivered and then waiting until the weekend so you can go to
> the
>> post office to collect the item during their brief opening hours...)
>
> Your post office doesn't deliver to your house?!?!?

Nope.

Or rather, "not unless it fits through the letterbox".

For some reason, the box they use to send you a stick of DDR is the same
size as the box Zazzle uses to send you 3 coffee mugs.

>> Hmm. I wonder if that's changed significantly since March...
>
> Probably, I check the prices when I posted yesterday (November).

Clearly. I'm just wondering how much these prices move over time. Some
things get radically cheaper, some things don't change that much.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/