POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh dear... : Re: Oh dear... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:22:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oh dear...
From: scott
Date: 17 Nov 2008 03:23:20
Message: <492129f8$1@news.povray.org>
> I don't know if this is actually true, but I'm told that *everything* is
> quite small in Japan. Including the people...

Oh no, their cell phones are definitely bigger than ours, on the whole.  The
Japanese market prefers bigger chunkier phones with huge displays (you try
fitting more than 6 Japanese characters onto a small low-resolution
display!) and many many features, some more useful than others.  Like this:

http://www.japancorp.net/Article.Asp?Art_ID=5793

> (I hear claims of the opposite for the USA - but I'm pretty sure they're
> exaggerating.)

Their cars (and trucks and whatever else you call them) seemed way bigger to
me.  That's what I noticed the most, when some guy got out of his 4x4, and
only when I saw that the 4x4 was higher than him (he wasn't short) did I
realise how huge his 4x4 was.  Or when someone parked a Range Rover next to
a few American 4x4s, and it looked tiny!  And then I saw some old woman get
out of what looked like a really old worn-out car, it was *huge*, like take
a Ford Mondeo and double it in every dimension (but make the suspension 2x
bouncier).  It also said 5.4L on the back, which I guess is needed to just
move the thing :-)