POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The pulse Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:19:22 EDT (-0400)
  The pulse (Message 14 to 23 of 43)
From: Mueen Nawaz
Subject: Re: The pulse
Date: 4 Nov 2008 11:20:15
Message: <4910763f@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Heh. Imagine going to school and learning about "Dave's forces" or
> "Bob's law". Wouldn't be quite the same as van der Waals forces and
> Hooke's law, would it?

	And given that Hooke's first name was Robert, you'd be well justified
to refer to it as Bob's Law.

--
The worst thing about censorship is .

                    /\  /\               /\  /
                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 4 Nov 2008 11:31:16
Message: <491078d4@news.povray.org>
Mueen Nawaz wrote:
> Invisible wrote:
>> Heh. Imagine going to school and learning about "Dave's forces" or
>> "Bob's law". Wouldn't be quite the same as van der Waals forces and
>> Hooke's law, would it?
>
> 	And given that Hooke's first name was Robert, you'd be well justified
> to refer to it as Bob's Law.

Heh. How random is that?

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 4 Nov 2008 12:13:15
Message: <491082ab$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 13:03:28 -0200, nemesis wrote:

>> They (3%) must have been confusing him with Handel who lived in England
>> and composed Messiah, Zadok the Priest and Music for the Royal
>> Fireworks there.
>
> "Ludwig" by itself should be enough.

Well, for a guess perhaps, but I could see it also being popular in
Austria.  And of course in the modern world (especially), the name isn't
necessarily a good indicator - I just had a call with someone with the
surname Assaf.  Any guesses as to what country code I dialed?  The answer
surprised me....

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 10:20:14 -0600, Mueen Nawaz wrote:

> Invisible wrote:
>> Heh. Imagine going to school and learning about "Dave's forces" or
>> "Bob's law". Wouldn't be quite the same as van der Waals forces and
>> Hooke's law, would it?
>
> 	And given that Hooke's first name was Robert, you'd be well
justified
> to refer to it as Bob's Law.

I prefer Cole's Law myself. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 10:20:14 -0600, Mueen Nawaz wrote:
>
> > Invisible wrote:
> >> Heh. Imagine going to school and learning about "Dave's forces" or
> >> "Bob's law". Wouldn't be quite the same as van der Waals forces and
> >> Hooke's law, would it?
> >
> >  And given that Hooke's first name was Robert, you'd be well
> justified
> > to refer to it as Bob's Law.
>
> I prefer Cole's Law myself. :-)
>
> Jim