POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Things I hate Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:20:32 EDT (-0400)
  Things I hate (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: scott
Subject: Things I hate
Date: 25 Sep 2008 08:19:44
Message: <48db81e0@news.povray.org>
When some website goes to "page not found" while processing your payment,
and then it costs 1 pound per minute to call their internet help line, and
you have to wait for 9 minutes to speak to anyone.

When you get a packet or tin of something that says pull/tear here, only
it's physically impossible to actually pull/tear without making a huge mess.
You just wish you could get the person who designed such a system to come
and show you how to do it, and hope that they cover themselves with tuna
fish and curry sauce, or snap those headphones in half as they are trying to
prise apart two layers of 1mm thick plastic glued together with industrial
strength adhesive.

When you're too busy to do anything fun.

Post a reply to this message

> When you get a packet or tin of something that says pull/tear here, only
> it's physically impossible to actually pull/tear without making a huge
> mess. You just wish you could get the person who designed such a system
> to come and show you how to do it, and hope that they cover themselves
> with tuna fish and curry sauce, or snap those headphones in half as they
> are trying to prise apart two layers of 1mm thick plastic glued together
> with industrial strength adhesive.

If you search YouTube, you can probably find that video of the executive
demonstrating how easy it is to open the new cartons of milk. (I.e., it
isn't.)

Post a reply to this message

> When you get a packet or tin of something that says pull/tear here, only
> it's physically impossible to actually pull/tear without making a huge mess.
> You just wish you could get the person who designed such a system to come
> and show you how to do it, and hope that they cover themselves with tuna
> fish and curry sauce, or snap those headphones in half as they are trying to
> prise apart two layers of 1mm thick plastic glued together with industrial
> strength adhesive.

Always have a sharp knife to hand (No Glasgow jokes please, Andrew)
I always carry a small but sharp penknife for opening things.

Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> Always have a sharp knife to hand (No Glasgow jokes please, Andrew)

Don't look at me! When somebody says Glasgow, I just think about the
famous Haskell compiler...

Post a reply to this message

> > Always have a sharp knife to hand (No Glasgow jokes please, Andrew)
>
> Don't look at me! When somebody says Glasgow, I just think about the
> famous Haskell compiler...

Well that is better than thinking about the Glasgow Coma Scale.

Stephen

Post a reply to this message

And lo on Thu, 25 Sep 2008 16:16:46 +0100, Stephen <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com>
did spake, saying:

> "scott" <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
>
>> When you get a packet or tin of something that says pull/tear here, only
>> it's physically impossible to actually pull/tear without making a huge
>> mess.
>
> Always have a sharp knife to hand (No Glasgow jokes please, Andrew)
> I always carry a small but sharp penknife for opening things.

Aren't those classed as offensive weapons now; I heard Glasgow jokes were
one of the biggest causes of death in some parts of Scotland?

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message