POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Doomed? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:22:14 EDT (-0400)
  Doomed? (Message 41 to 50 of 57)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 7 Messages >>>
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Doomed? Yep!
Date: 22 Sep 2008 02:38:44
Message: <48d73d74@news.povray.org>
Slime wrote:

> Ewww, someone got Visual Basic in my C++.

Hey, when somebody starts writing "DIM" statements, *then* you can
worry! ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: John VanSickle
Subject: Re: Doomed?
Date: 22 Sep 2008 07:31:03
Message: <48d781f7@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> I just installed Micro$oft Visual C++ 2008 Experss Edition.
>
> My God... what have I done?? O_O

"You cannot hide forever, Orchid.  Give yourself to the dark side..."

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 22 Sep 2008 07:40:34
Message: <48d78432$1@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle wrote:

> "You cannot hide forever, Orchid.  Give yourself to the dark side..."

NEVER!!! >_<

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 22 Sep 2008 08:36:34
Message: <48d79152@news.povray.org>
Fredrik Eriksson <fe79}--at--{yahoo}--dot--{com> wrote:
> I think it might, but "claims to implement the full standard" is not the
> same as "claims to be fully standards-compliant" which of course is not
> the same as "is fully standards-compliant".

  I think a lenient way of interpreting "fully standards-compliant" is
that the features of the C++ standard that the compiler implements are
implemented *exactly* like the standard specifies, and there are no
non-standard extensions (or, at the very least, there's a compiler option
to make it consider using them an error).

  Many of the most modern C++ compilers implement almost all the C++98
standard features except export templates.

> Strictly speaking, it is impossible to be fully compliant to ISO
> 14882-1998 since the standard itself contains self-contradictions.

  Care to give a concrete example?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message