POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sandwich Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:09:11 EDT (-0400)
  Sandwich (Message 11 to 20 of 33)
From: Gail
Subject: Re: Sandwich
Date: 15 Sep 2008 11:58:52
Message: <48ce863c@news.povray.org>
news:48ce70bb$1@news.povray.org...

> I mean, theoretically some alternative might be found. But let's face it,
> do you invest years in R&D?

It's already happening.

Biofuels
Electicity-powered cars.
Solar energy
Wind power

Not mass-market yet, but things are happening. It's not driven so much by
the fact that oil will run out (no one can actually give a date or an amount
that's left), but the fact that fuel prices are higher now so there's some
financial reason to research and develop cheaper alternatives.

Post a reply to this message