POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sandwich : Re: Sandwich Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:22:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sandwich
From: scott
Date: 16 Sep 2008 02:52:24
Message: <48cf57a8$1@news.povray.org>
> All of which, AFAIK, have been around for at least 30 years, and nobody
> has taken any notice whatsoever.

Because oil has always been cheaper.  Once oil becomes more expensive that
those other technologies, suddenly people are interested.  It will happen,
*before* the oil runs out.

> And it rather worries me that once there is only a small pool of oil left
> on the entire planet, whole nations will wage war for the rights to have
> access to that pool.

Would probably use up more oil waging the war than you would get at the end!
And by that time there will be cheaper alternatives in everyday use so
nobody will care much about oil anymore.